Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review: Seducing Stag by Laurann Dohner



Author: Laurann Dohner

Title: Seducing Stag

Series: Cyborg Seduction #10
Beings: Cyborgs

Bought from: Amazon
Read format: Ebook


Rating: 4 stars



Story:

Stag and the crew of the Varnish are on a mission, responding to a distress signal of a freighter that has been attacked by the Markus Models. Instead of finding the enemy, they discover one sole survivor. Nala’s a human, and having suffered at their hands during his time on Earth, there’s no species Stag despises more. But when the petite woman confuses him for an android and tries to order him around, Stag decides she’ll live—and pay for her slights.

Nala Vestria has lost her freighter, her crew and her father, only to become personal maid to a cyborg. Stag is surly, short-tempered, and completely untrusting of humans … not to mention intense, commanding, and maybe the hottest being Nala has ever seen. When she finds him temporarily at her mercy, Nala isn’t sure if she wants to kill him or kiss him. Then again, life is short. She opts for the latter.

Nala swiftly becomes a distraction Stag can’t afford, especially after he’s had a carnal taste of what the woman has to offer. He’ll take her back to Garden, his home planet, and be rid of her — as well as the emotions she evokes. But as their journey home becomes harrowing, Nala may prove to be more of an asset than a liability. To both the ship … and the lonely cyborg who commands her.


Review:


I enjoyed this book, just like I've enjoyed every other book I've ready by Laurann Dohner. Her writing style feels unique and the stories are easy to fall into. Once I started reading it, I had to finish it.

In this story, we have Stag, who doesn't like humans. I worried the book would be similar to Zorus's book since he also was a character who didn't like humans, but the stories were nothing alike, which was great. 

I liked both Stag and Nala, but I think Maze and Hellion were my absolute favorites! I really hope Hellion gets his own book because he's so different from all the other characters Laurann has created. 

The story jumped around a little bit too much, though. First the Marcus Models, then something else, and again something else instead of following a red thread throughout the whole book. This didn't bother me much. Overall, I found this book entertaining, funny, and not too emotional. So if you're looking for something to relax to, then I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...